5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Digital Signatures (office 2003 sp1)

If I have the security settings on medium, then the fact that the macros I have written are not signed causes a message box on loading the file. If I digitally sign the project / macros then Ishould be fine.
    The instructions for doing this are vague and I can't seem to get it together to accomplish signing all the macros in the file using my name so that access knows that they are from a trusted source.
    Any simple set of instructions would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Jerome

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Digital Signatures (office 2003 sp1)

See Frequently asked questions about Access security warnings, in particular topics 7 and 20-23

This links (among others) to Signing a VBA Project

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Digital Signatures (office 2003 sp1)

Hans
    The links helped a lot. Told me where to find selfcert.exe which I am adding to the thread
    Thanks
    Jerome
    To install the Create Digital Certificate utility

In the Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.

On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Office 2000, and then click Add/Remove.

In the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance Mode dialog box, click the Add or Remove Features button.

Expand Office Tools and set Digital Signature for VBA Projects to Run from My Computer.

Click Update Now.
    Selfcert.exe will be installed in the same folder as the Office 2000 applications, which by default is the C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice folder.

To create a self-signed digital certificate

Run Selfcert.exe from My Computer or Windows Explorer.

In the Your name box, type your name and any other identifying information you want associated with this certificate, and then click OK.
    Selfcert.exe will create and install a self-signed certificate that you can use to sign VBA projects on the current computer. To create a self-signed certificate to use on another computer, run Selfcert.exe again on that computer