Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox 1.0 Freezes (Firefox 1.0)

I could have sworn that I posted this about an hour ago, but I can't find it. Well, just to relate my experience. I upgraded from 0.9.2 to 1.0 & after installing a bunch of extensions, including Tabbrowser Preferences (that I can't live without), FF freezes when I load it. I have to uninstall--reboot--install again--reboot in order to make it work. The 15-20 minutes every time I fire it up isn't worth it. So I'm back to 0.9.2. Anyone know where I can get 0.9.3?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Firefox 1.0 Freezes (Firefox 1.0)

Firefox 0.9.3 - You can obtain release versions of Firefox from here.

As for Firefox freezing it sounds like there may be something wrong with the profile. If you want to try FF 1.0 again try starting in safe mode or delete the profile folder and let FF create a new one. It may also be due to incompatibility between extensions in FF 1.0

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Tony:
    Thanks for the link; I'll try it. I would like to try FF 1.0 again & you're correct that my profile is corrupt. I tried backing up my profile with Mozilla Backup 1.3.1, but it said my profile was corrupt. I'm not sure where my profile is. In <post#=397003>post 397003</post#>, I listed the files & paths that I had (Win 98SE).

I'm tempted to delete everything except bookmarks.htm & cookies.txt (i.e. the entire application data folder relating to Firefox).

1. Can you see any downside to that?
    2. If I do that, where do I create the profile folder when I install FF 1.0?
    Thanks in advance.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Firefox profiles are stored in one of the following directories:
    Windows 9x: C:WINDOWSApplication DataMozillaFirefoxProfiles

Windows 2000/XP: Cocuments and Settingsuser_nameApplication DataMozillaFirefoxProfiles

You can safely delete the entire contents of these folders if you want to do a clean install.

Some files from your profile that you may want to consider saving are:
    bookmarks.html, cookies.txt, hostperm.1, key3.db, signon.txt, formhistory.dat and user.js

For details about profiles including what files are stored in the directory see Profile Folder - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Tony. I will save those files, do a complete uninstall & delete, reinstall FF 1.0 & then substitute those files.