Star Lounger

Charts with scrollers (Excel 2000)

My problem is as follows:
    I have created a chart that display information over a 2 year period in weeks. I got 1 scroll bar to zoom in on the number of periods to be displayed at a time and the second scroll bar to move the (window of displayed periods) over the 2 year period. The date displayed is Cumulative Percentages. All this works perfectly, however my problem is this:
    In the beginning when the Cumulative Percentages is relatively low the detail is good, but as soon as you get into the higher percentages the detail gets less, the reason being that the Y-axis starts from 0% upwards. Is there a way of setting up the chart that the Percentages adjust as you move the scroll bars to only capture the relevant percentage range?

Thank you

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Charts with scrollers (Excel 2000)

You can set the minimum of the value axis in code. For example, to set it to 10%:

ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).MinimumScale = 0.1

You will have to make this dynamic, i.e. change the minimum value in some way related to the data.

Note: changing the scale of an axis makes it more difficult for users to compare and interpret the results as they scroll.