New Lounger
    Thanks

Backup question (2002)

To all,

I have Word 2002. It is working fine now but I have made a ton of macros and would like to make a backup just in case there is a problem in the future. What files do I need to back up for Word 2002?

Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Backup question (2002)

Your macros are likely to be in normal.dot, if you have stored them somewhere else then you are the only person who can tell us where.

The easiest way to back them up is to create a new document and then from Tools > Options > Templates and Add-Ins... > Organiser..., choose Macro Project Items and copy all available modules from Normal.Dot to the currently open document, you can then save the new document in the normal way.

Another approach is to find Normal.Dot and make a copy. The easiest way to find Normal is to look at Tools > Options > File Locations > User Templates, then use Windows Explorer to navigate to that folder and you can copy Normal.Dot. The default location for Word 2002 on Windows XP is Cocuments and Settings(username)Application DataMicrosoftTemplates, but Application Data is a hidden folder so you may need to use Windows Explorer's Tools > Folder Options to make hidden folders visible first.

StuartR

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Backup question (2002)

Thank you!

Sue D