Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Feddema's New Book -- Problems (Access 2003)

Just purchased Helen's "Expert one-on-one Access Application Development" book. I downloaded her sample files and followed the instructions for the Design Schemes Add-in (page 44), but when I got to Creating a Standart Main Form (page 46) up popped the attached error. As usual, I have no clue as to what the error is or what to do about it. Any suggestions?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Feddema's New Book -- Problems (Access 2003)

I haven't seen Helen's new book, but the sort of error you are getting is typical of problems with missing references or an add-in that with installation problems. I would check Tools/References in VBA, and look to see if the add-in shows up correctly.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The add-in uses Word to fetch the user name as set there.

Do you have multiple versions of Word (e.g. Word 2002 and Word 2003) installed on your PC? That could cause confusion. If so:
    - Activate the add-in
    - Switch to the Visual Basic Editor.
    - Click in Design Schemes in the Project Explorer.
    - Select Tools | References...
    - You should have a reference to the Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library. If there is one to the 10.0 or lower version, clear it, click OK, select Tools | References... again and set one for the 11.0 version.

Have you installed a version of Norton Anti Virus AFTER installing Office 2003? Howard Kaikow reported problems with this in the thread starting at <post#=403473>post 403473</post#>. His solution was to uninstall Office 2003, then reinstall it.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

I tried your suggestion (Word 11.0 had not been referenced and there were no other Word versions referenced), but still get the same error. I will have to look into the problem with Norton AV. I can't remember which got installed first, but I really hate to reinstall Office 2003 as I would also have to install all the updates and configurations. Actually, I discovered that after clicking on OK in the error message it went away and Helen's form popped up and looked like it should. I will pursue this further to see if I run into other problems. Thanks for all the help.