4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

design view (2000)

Hello, i have inherited a databse where all priveleges for form design have been turned off, even in the databse window. How can I get these activated, I have tried altering the toolbar by dragging the desing icon back in but it is still greyed out. Have chaned the strart up options in terms of meneus and tool bars all to no avail.

Thanks Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: design view (2000)

From your description, I would guess that the database has been secured with user-level security, and that the default user (Admin) does not have design permissions. You will have to
    <UL><LI>Locate the workgroup information file (a file with extension .mdw) that contains the defintions of the user(s) with design permissions.
    <LI>Open the database with this .mdw file, through Start | Run... or through a shortcut with target

"C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOfficeMSAccess.exe" "C:databasepathdatabasename.mdb" /wrkgrp "C:workgrouppathworkgroupfile.mdw"

with the appropriate paths and file names substituted
    <LI>Supply the user name and password of a user with design permissions.[/list]If you can't find the .mdw file or don't know the user name and password, you're out of luck.