Lounger
    Thanks

error opening file

I was surprised that an important file suddenly changed to a .psw extension in by PocketPC MyDocuments folder on my laptop. Ordinarily after sync, I could open the file with Word. But now I can't open it on the PDA or my laptop. On the PDA, it's "error opening file" and on the laptop, I get asked to used a converter. Then it brings up a blank Word doc. The file is 165 kb. Any suggestions how I can get my data out of it? Thank you so much.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: error opening file

Hi there

I have had a very similar problemn recently when I had a word document that had loads of tables, charts. Not having my USB memory stick with me I thought I could use my Ipaq for temporary storage and take the item to work. All formatting was lost! As you are aware when transferring the file from your PDA to the laptop it should have automatically converted to .doc!!!

One way ( but back up first) is to change the file extension to .doc and see if it likes it. If you convert it to txt you will get gobbledy gook.

Good luck, get back to me , I would like to find out if this worked
    Jerry

Lounger
    Thanks

I tried changing it to .doc, to no effect. Changing it to .txt yielded a reasonable amount of the original file, separated by gobs of garble. I simply deleted to garbage and now have a similitude of my original file. Thanks for your post!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Great News.
    Jerry