tolstoy

Sharing Outlook Contacts

I recently bought a new computer with Windows Me & Office XP. On my last computer, OE5 contacts were shared with the Contacts list in Outlook 2000 and I would like for it to work that way in the new installation. That way I only need to update and add new addresses one place and my PDA picks them up from there when I sync, as well. The OE5 on the new computer only wants to look for a new wab file. How can I direct it to use the Outlook 2002 contracts list which I successfully copied over from the old computer?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing Outlook Contacts

that feature was removed from outlook 2002 when the modes were merged back into one.

tolstoy

I am not sure what you mean when you say that the modes were merged back into one. Is there no way for OE to utilize the Outlook Contact list directly?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

no, you can't use the wab or share the address book with OE using outlook 2002.

with outlook 97 there was 1 version and everyone used it
    with outlook 98 and 2000, they split it into IMO, basically for home users, and corp mode, for exchange server users.
    for outlook 2002, they are back to one outlook for everyone. because of requirements for exchange server connectivity, some features IMO users were using had to be dropped.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mary,

Are you absolutely sure about this? I use OL2002 and OE6, one for business and the other for personal respectively. If I go into the WAB, I can set it to share contacts with Outlook, and the Outlook names duly appear in the WAB. But, note, if and only if the contacts are in the Contacts folder. I cannot see Outlook sub-folders in OE, however (which is what I would really like and why I was reading this message in the first place).

Regards,

Stuart