4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Library Not Recognised (xp)

I have a spreadsheet which displays are custom toolbar stored on our school network. Prior to the Xmas break, it was working perfectly. Over the holidays, gremlins have been at work since on my return I am getting the following attached error message. Would someone kindly point me to the appropriate library?
    Many thanks.
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Library Not Recognised (xp)

You need a reference to the Microsoft Office 10.0 Object Library (10.0 being the internal version number for Office XP). Use Tools | References... to check and set references.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, but that library is not listed.
    <font color=blue><font face="Script MT Bold"><big>Rob</big></font face=script></font color=blue>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you on a machine with Office XP? If so, the library should be listed. If the PC has a different version of Office, the version number may be different:

8.0 = Office 97
    9.0 = Office 2000
    10.0 = Office XP aka 2002
    11.0 = Office 2003

If none of these is listed, you might try to locate the file using the Browse... button. For Office XP, the default path is

C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedOffice10MSO.DLL

There is something wrong with the Office installation, however, if it is not listed in the References dialog itself.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Apparently, the tech had recently removed an Access front end prior to installing a new version. This had somehow messed up the Office installation. On installing the new front end, all appears to work OK now.
    Thanks Hans.