3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can not printer from Word/Excel (Word 2000)

Wasn't sure what forum to list this under, if any. This could just be a printer going bad, but if you print from Outlook & IE, the printer will print fine. If you run the Windows text page from printer Properties, that prints fine. Can also print a test page from the printer. BUT...when you try to print anything from Word or Excel, everything comes out blank. Was trying to figure out if there was some setting that was on/off that would make print jobs from Word or Excel appear blank.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Can not printer from Word/Excel (Word 2000)

What make and model is the printer?
    What OS are you running?

How you customized Word and/or Excel?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printer is an HP 840, I believe.
    OS is Windows XP.
    I'm not sure how the user has customized Word/Excel that would make it not print from those programs. That's why I posted - thought perhaps someone could give me a starting ground for places to look for strange Options/Customizations that might have caused this.

The point might be a moot one. Our technician is retrieving the printer and replacing it with another one. I'll run some tests on it here, and will let you guys know if it was indeed a strange setting, or if it was just a crap printer (I'm betting on the latter, though the whole situation is strange).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you still want to test for specific Word or Excel problems, see Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post> and Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

A couple of other things come to mind besides what has been mentioned. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for the printer. Also, at least in Word, if you're printing drawing objects, make sure that that option is checked under Tools/Options/Print/Drawing Objects.