New Lounger
    Thanks

Crosstab Query (Access XP)

I am using a field for a column crosstab which contains null values due to other fields included in the query. When I run the query I get a "<>" column. I understand the reason for this column...hiding this column is not an option (I've tried it) when a user runs this report I get this "<>" field. How can I get around this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Crosstab Query (Access XP)

You might set the Criteria for the Column Header field of the crosstab query to Is Not Null.

New Lounger
    Thanks

By setting a null criteria to a column which contains blanks...I will not see other columns in report that I need. For example: I need all from col1(row crosstab), Col2 (column crosstab) and col3 (value crosstab). I need to see everything even if the field contains a blank but because Col2 has no date for row C in col1 I received the "<>" field.

Col1 Col2 Col3
    A Dec04 40
    B Dec04 50
    B Dec04 44
    C

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If your column field has a limited number of values, and if you know which ones they are in advance, you can set the Column Headings property of the crosstab query to a comma-delimited list of those values. Only the column headings listed in this property will be included in the query.