2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

List of Functions & Syntax (Excel 97)

Is there somewhere I can obtain a list of all the Excel functions, their syntax and explanation/description, that I can either download or copy & paste into a file/document? I want to use this list as a reference instead of having to search on-line help for each function.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: List of Functions & Syntax (Excel 97)

Jan Karel Pieterse has created a spreadsheet listing worksheet functions (and much more) in several languages. The syntax is shown, but no descriptions. You can download it for free from his website JKP Application Development Services.

Norman Harker has a list of worksheet functions with source, classification, description and syntax available in Word and Acrobat format. To get it, e-mail a polite request to njharker@optusnet.com.au.

Several books about Excel contain a worksheet reference, see for example Excel books by John Walkenbach.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: List of Functions & Syntax (Excel 97)

Peter Noneley has produces an Excel worksheet function dictionary, with an example sheet for each function which I find pretty useful.

It seems his site is no longer there, but I still have a copy of the workbook. Unfortunately it is too large to attach here.

Send me a pm if you want it.

#####Edited: found out Ron de Bruin hosts the file:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/xlfdic01.zip
    #####
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association