5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Run time error (2003)

I created a small database sometime ago for a colleague. This database is on a network. He's had to have his system re-installed and now the database won't work. He gets the error message 'Run-time error 49'. ActiveX component can't create object. When I go into debug, the problem line reads, 'Set con = Application.Current Project. Connection'. When I run the database from my pc, it's fine. How can I find what activeX control is missing from his pc, so I could copy it from mine and install it on his. Cheers.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Run time error (2003)

This seems to be a recurring theme. Last time you asked this, Francois referred you to You receive a "ActiveX component can't create object" error message when using Access (see <post#=400140>post 400140</post#>).

Also see the links in <post#=340852>post 340852</post#>.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry about the long delay, but I was assigned to a different job, then went to New York. Now I'm back, I find they still have the problem. It seems to be with the Switchboard. If I open the database, using the shift key, the forms open okay. I've tried all the methods in the attatchments on your last reply. All references are there, DAO 3.6 is registered. The database is working perfectly on other machines, just not this one.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You might try Help | Detect and Repair on the problem machine.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Is an ADO reference set to the same version as the other machines? Application.CurrentProject.Connection should work even without either an ADO or DAO reference set. Support for it is built into Access 2002 and above.
    Charlotte