3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating Grid on Report (2000)

I have been asked to reproduce an invoice design in an Access report. The invoice has a box that encloses the invoice detail lines, with vertical lines separating the columns (Priduct, Description, Price etc.). Whilst I can partially reproduce this by placing vertical lines between the fields in my detail section, my grid only goes down as far as there are detail lines, then stops. On the invoice I have been asked to copy, the grid is always the same size no matter how many detail lines the invoice has.

Also, I have had to set the can grow property of the product description field to Yes as the descriptions often do not fit in the available space. This works, and the text comes out looking like it does on the original. However, when a description uses more than one line, the vertical lines stay the same size and I get gaps between them, breaking up the grid. The verical line controls don't seem to have a can grow property.

Is there any way round these problems?

Thanks, as ever.

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating Grid on Report (2000)

See <post#=143705>post 143705</post#> (a search for report draw vertical lines would have turned it up, among some others). If you want vertical lines across the entire page, yse the function described there in the On Page event of the report.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That's a very useful bit of code, which sorts out one of my problems. Thank you.
    However, I still have one problem. The lines only go down the page as far as the detail section does. So if there is only one line on the invoice, I've got a very small grid at the top of the page and lots of blank space underneath. The original invoice that I have to copy has the same size grid printed on the page, without reference to the number of detail lines. Is there a way of solving this? The original invoice was created in Crystal Reports so there a certain rivalry going on here.

Also, I haven't yet put my mind to the horizontal line that will mark the bottom of the grid.

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

As I indicated in my reply, you can call the function in the On Page event of the report instead of in the On Print event of the detail section. The lines will be drawn across the entire page then - and you can experiment with the top and height if that is too much. You can put the horizontal line in the page footer section. Or you can add this line to the On Page event of the report to draw a box around the entire page:

Line (0, 0)-(Me.ScaleWidth, Me.ScaleHeight), , B