Star Lounger
    Thanks

Change field results to formatted text (Word 2000 SP3)

I have a large (59 pages) bibliography that is generated in Word by Endnote. When I put the cursor focus anywhere in the bibliography text, the entire bibliography is highlighted in grey (I assume that this is because it is produced by a field). If I right click in the bibliography I see options like "Toggle Field Codes" and "Update Field."

My question is this: I want to send a copy of the bibliography to someone for copy editing. I want to preserve the formatting as it currently is in my document, but I don't want it as the result of a field (which seems to make it more difficult to edit). In other words, I want the formatting of the text to look exactly the same, but I no longer want it to be linked to a field. However when I try to paste it into a new document, all of the options seem to either maintain the text-field connection, or else remove all formatting.

I hope this is clear. Let me know if I can clarify.

Thanks, Abe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change field results to formatted text (Word 2000 SP3)

Click somewhere in the field.
    Press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to replace the field by its result.
    If you want to keep the original document with the field code, save the modified version under another name, and send this copy.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Perfect! Thanks,
    Abe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you're interested, see <post#=387171>post 387171</post#> for a list of keyboard shortcuts for working with fields.