Lounger
    Thanks

Excel book1 looks odd (Excel 2003)

I have a machine that when opening excel, the page seems to be blank. I see the toolbars, but I have no grid and no ability to key anything in. I cannot open an existing document either. I thought it might be some type of corruption, so I uninstalled and reinstalled office. Istill had the same problem, but only with a single user. I'm using Windows 2000. I deleted the user from the PC as well as all occurences of the user in the registry. I then added them back in as a "power user". They still had the same problem. The odd thing though, if I increase their Windows security level from Power User to Administrator, excel works fine for this user. I am not able to see excel documents on any profile that is listed as a "power user". Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Excel book1 looks odd (Excel 2003)

Close out of Excel. Find the EXCEL.XLB - boot file and rename it. Excel reads this file when opening to set preferences. If it does not exist, it is created. Also check whether there are temp files.
    Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel book1 looks odd (Excel 2003)

In addition to MacroAlan's reply, see Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>.