Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

PerfectDisk update

Version 7.0 build 34 is available. Just go to Help | Check for updates. Or go to Raxco Software Windows Products - PerfectDisk 7.0.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PerfectDisk update

Oh me, the trials and tribulations of software! As happens to me with other products, I run my current product which is version 6, and go to Updates where it says I have the latest update. I guess it's considering the build updates of version 6 only and doesn't attempt to tell me there is a "new" version.

Anyway, thanks Joe for the pointer. I did buy and download version 7 from the link you provided.

Administrator
    Thanks

AL,

IIRC, I just stumbled across version 7 didn't get a new version notification from version 6. I may have gotten an e-mail from Raxco. Just don't remember. Glad you got it worked out though.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The only reason I ever mention such trivia here in The Lounge is in case someone else has a problem. I may be my own worst enemy on some of these things, for I often "buy" software products on the web using a throw-away email address at my web domain. Eventually, when I DO throw away the address, I obviously don't get email notifications from THAT company! After I've dealt with a company for awhile, I usually give them my "good" email address, if they have not been purveyors of too much mass mailing. Maybe my technique gets tangled up inside the installed software's attempt to "check for online updates."

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Not necessarily meant for you, Joe, but one more small followup - telling on myself again! I noticed that I had TWO directories for PerfectDisk in my C:Program Files folder, one for the original install and another for a "Build" update that I had downloaded. Since only one copy was installed (as it should be) I decided to "clean up" a little bit in the process of installing Version 7. I un-installed Version 6 and deleted the TWO old directories and residual few files left over. As you can imagine what I'm gonna say next, the link to Version 7 is a "true" upgrade program and would not install until I re-installed Version 6. At least I'll know in the future to watch the directory names proposed by Raxco as they seem to use a different name each time you download a build update. Version 7 works fine and I re-established my overnight schedule for selected partitions. I'll see how it goes tomorrow morning.

Administrator
    Thanks

Well Al, I understand completely. Between trying to 'help' myself and friends and family I have various versions of several programs on HD and CD. Confusion reigns at times. I've done the same with 'throw away' addresses. Between work & home I think I've got 6 or 8 different e-mail accounts active at any one time.

Joe
    Joe