3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

meetings over multiple days (Oultook 2003)

I am in need to invite people to meetings that occur over multiple days and have problems doing so. The problems are inconsistent. One time the meeting request showed on my calendar correctly but the invited person who accepted the meeting request never showed the meeting on his calendar. Sometimes the meetin leader shows the meeting correctly but the the attendees only show the first day but not the others. In one case neither the leader nor the attendee could delete the meeting from their calendars. We have used detect and repair, rebooted and stood on our heads to no avail.
    Does anybody have any idea what to do here?

Thanks in advance!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: meetings over multiple days (Oultook 2003)

You shouldn't be having problems like that at all if you are all on a common Exchange Server. Are you all on Exchange Server?

How are you setting the meetings up? As single meetings which span multiple days, as All-Day Events spanning multiple days, or as daily Recurring meetings?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

We are all on a common exchange server. When I say that I should add that not all of us are on the same server. I have tried to set up meetings different ways: from 10:30 Monday to 4:30 Thursday for instance, all day events spanning 3 days and daily recurring meetings. All with the same results. It seems to be a problem with one particular user. When he sets up meetings some of us can see them correctly, he can never see his meetings in one piece. I cannot either. I have gone through detect and repair and he has also. He and I are on the same server.
    I am really puzzled because I have not had problems with this in Outlook 2000 - our previous version. We have all migrated recently to Outlook 2003 and Windows XP.
    Thanks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

It should be working even if you are on multiple Exchange servers provided there's no non-exchange server gateway.

Also in addition to Detect and Repair, have the problem user run the following two maintenance steps:

1. run the Inbox Repair tool , aka 'scanpst.exe' per <!post=this thread,440840>this thread<!/post>
    2. restart Outlook from the command prompt with the same command switches and instructions in <!post=this post,414957>this post<!/post>:

If those don't help, then I'd guess that for the problem user, either his/her profile or settings are inconsistent or corrupt, or on the Exchange server side, his/her account settings are inconsistent or corrupt. That's a lot of possibilities, perhaps you can have Server Admin recreate his/her profile and server account and see what happens. Server side stuff is outside my experience.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS