Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing by Page # (Word 2000)

I have a document that has a table of contents with page numbers i, ii, iii... and when I try to print portions of the document, Word seems to be messing with me ;-) If I ask it to print page #25, I get the page #25 in the document, which is actually page #37. If I ask it to print page #4, I get page iv from the document and not page #4.

How do I specify which page Word is going to print?

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Printing by Page # (Word 2000)

It sounds like you have a document divided into sections. You can get Word to print say page 24 of Section 2 by entering p24s2 in the Pages field in the print dialog box. You can also specify a range like p3s1-p16s3, and so on. Or just s3 if you want all of section 3.

Ian

Thanks

Re: Printing by Page # (Word 2000)

For the most part, Word's print dialog uses "logical" page numbers, the numbers you have assigned, rather than the "physical" number you might get from counting one by one. If the "logical" page numbers appear in more than one section, usually Word goes with the first one that matches (which is why you need the section information to be sure you are printing the right stuff).

Here are some past posts with possibly useful macros. You can try these and then think about how you would like Word to work in your case, and there usually is a way to do it!

<post#=204230>post 204230</post#> - PrintSelectedPageRange()
    <post#=377156>post 377156</post#> - PrintPhysicalPages()
    <post#=204655>post 204655</post#> - Print only pages containing tracked changes