2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Missing Help library

Running Windows 2000. It seems my Help library has disappeared. When I click on Help, I get a message saying "cannot find the file hh.exe or one of its components. Now, I have to admit that I have been cleaning up my registry (through Registry Cleaner) but I can't imagine deleting a file authored by Microsoft. Usually I only delete the ones that have weird names or ones I know I'm not using anymore. Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Help library

I think I have found the answer to this from the Microsoft site. For anyone with a similar problem, check out Knowledge Base Article #268353.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK....I spoke too soon. I still can't access any windows help files. I have downloaded all the help files via MS's website but that doesn't seem to address the missing hh.exe issue. Any suggestions? (I have also run a virus check on my system and all is well).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Success! I feel like I'm using this forum as a sounding board for myself but I do have the answer this time. There is a copy of the hh.exe file in the winnt/servicepacks/i386 folder. I copied that file to C/Winnt and I now have full functionality of my help files. Be nice is Microsoft would give a little hint like that in the support section of their website!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Glad it solved your problem. I also don't have help file functions ... and I do have the hh.exe file in WinNT.

Al