2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Navigation via Hyperlinks (I want the hand Cursor) (2003)

Hello everybody,

I build my applications mostly w/o buttons but with Textlinks (it just looks better and doesnt take up so much space in my eyes). Now what I didn't like until now is that you don't get the "Hand cursor" like in a webbrowser when you hover over a link...

I can make hyperlinks, but to declare normal textfields as Hyperlinks they need something in the "Hyperlink" box. Is a simple Space " " enough or does this give me any errors?

I tried the space and it worked in all cases until now, but I don't know if I'm just using some workaround.

So basically what I want from you guys is, tell me if i'm doing everything right or what other possibility I have to get this nifty Hand cursor.

Dennis

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Navigation via Hyperlinks (I want the hand Cursor) (2003)

I don't think there is a problem with what you're doing (apart from using a non-standard interface). An alternative would be to use the On Mouse Move event to change the mouse pointer, but that's more work.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Navigation via Hyperlinks (I want the hand Cur

Yeah all those standards...

Tell me more about the OnMouseMove. I guess your talking about some VBScript which gives me the hand pointer. THat'd be nice too!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Navigation via Hyperlinks (I want the hand Cur

See the zip file attached to <post#=410556>post 410556</post#>. It includes a database with a demo form - study the code behind the form - and a cursor file Hand.cur.