Star Lounger
    Thanks

content advisor (windows xp ie-6)

I am trying to use the content advisor to block 1 web site. I click enable, enter the web site and then enter a password. I get a message to close IE and then reopen. The initial web site is now blocked, but everytime I go to any other web site, I get the message window to type in a password to view the site. Is this how the content advisor is supposed to work? It seems it should just disallow the one site and allow all others without me having to enter a password each time a site is open.
    Thanks,

Mike

Thanks

Re: content advisor (windows xp ie-6)

Mike,
    When you enter the Content Advisor from IE options, In Approved Sites, enter the address of the site you want to block in the "Allow this site" , then click NEVER and apply. I know this sounds backwards but it's how you read it.
    Under the General TAB, check "Users can see sites that have no rating"
    Then either check or uncheck "Supervisor can type a password to allow users to view restricted content"

Is this how you set it up?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: content advisor (windows xp ie-6)

Yes, This is how I am entering it. But the content advisor even comes up for wopr.com asking me if I want to allow the site. It gets annoying. There must be something wrong.
    Thanks,
    Mike