5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Two Disc Imaging Programs on on XP (XP Pro SP2)

Hello, I currently have Powerquest Drive Image 7.0 Installed . I'm thinking of migrating to Acronis True Image 8.0. Could there be any problems with having two programs installed while I make the change. Does anyone have any tips on this process.?

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 891 Posts

Re: Two Disc Imaging Programs on on XP (XP Pro SP2)

Chris,

There should be no problems with both installed. If you have any DI backups scheduled to be run let them run until you've tested the backup process manually for TI. Be sure to check out the backup files. Make sure they are readable. Make sure you can reste individual files. If you have the time (you should probably make the time), test the full PC restore process. Once you've gone throught the manual tests, schedule any automatic backups. Leave Di installed until you consider the DI backups of no use.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Two Disc Imaging Programs on on XP (XP Pro SP2

Thanks Joe,

Disc Image has worked well but we have two copies of True Image for different computers and it seems sensible to use the same system for backup.

Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Just confirming what Joe said, I only recently removed Drive Image from this machine, also containing TrueImage. Never had any problems or conflicts although I only used DI a couple of times after installing TI and don't use either one in a "scheduled" environment.

Thanks

Re: Two Disc Imaging Programs on on XP (XP Pro SP2)

Chris,
    I agree with Joe & Al that both can be active on the same machine at the same time.
    The only problem would be that you couldn't use the Image from DI in TI, or vise versa. Two different imaging schemes. Otherwise, no problems.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm going to take the plunge and install Acronis True Image this weekend,

Best wishes,

Chris