3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Slide Layout Dialogue (Office 2k)

I have used PowerPoint a great deal over the years and the three most used slide layouts are "Title" "bulleted list" and "Title only". These have always been handy when selecting the layout for a slide (right click, slide layout or format, slide layout).

My PC has been re-built before Xmas and it feels very different! Previously the title, bulleted list and Title only were all in the first few layouts offered. Now the tile only layout has gone right to the end of the available layouts and I have to scroll down to show and select it. It is really unfriendly.

It also feels as if there are many more slide layouts offered now than before, but of course I hardly ever looked beyond that first page.

Can I change the sequence of layouts in the selection dialogue or delete some of them or anything?

It also now insists on selecting the C/R on the previous row whenever selecting a complete line which is also very irritating. Any ideas here as well?

Cheers,

Mike C

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Slide Layout Dialogue (Office 2k)

I've never seen the thumbnails in the slide layout dialog (or pane, for Office 2002/2003) change order. Title and Bulleted List are the first two in PPT 2000. Title Only is on the last line of that first dialog in PPT 2000. Title, Bulleted List (now known as Title and Text), and Title Only should all three be in the top "text layouts" section in the slide layout pane in PPT 2002/2003.

I would try running Help/Detect and Repair and see if that sorts it out. There's no way to manually change that order or add/delete to/from it. (For instance, I'd really like to have the chart layout at the top so I don't have to scroll down for it in 2002/2003 -- I've asked MS about that before, but it cannot be done.)

There aren't any more slide layouts than there ever were.

It also now insists on selecting the C/R on the previous row whenever selecting a complete line which is also very irritating. Any ideas here as well?

This is also strange and something I've not seen. If Detect and Repair doesn't help these issues, I'd uninstall Office, run the registry eraser for Office 2000, and reinstall Office. Reg Erasers: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00297.htm

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Slide Layout Dialogue (Office 2k)

Thanks echo for your reply. I'll have acrack at detect and repair, but this is a work laptop and its build has come down from the network from a drive I cannot access.

Might it have made a difference if my previous load had been an upgrade? Layout number / order I mean?

let you know....

Mike C