New Lounger
    Thanks

Printing jpg image in Word

Thanks to all who helped me with my previous question about scanning black and white photos (posted 1/3). I had Kinko's scan my photos at 300 dpi into jpg files. In Word, they look great on screen. However, when I try to print them, they are way too dark. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix this? I have tried changing the contract and brightness in Photodraw, but that has only made it worse...i.e. it looks like I can see the pixels. I am printing with an HP4L printer. I have wasted a ream of paper on this, and it's driving me nuts. [img]/w3timages/icons/yikes.gif[/img]

Thanks,
    Snazz

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing jpg image in Word

Just a thought, but you may want to play around with your printer properties. In Word, click on File / Print / Properties. You should have a tab for print quality. Try changing to either a higher or lower quality setting.
    Karen

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Printing jpg image in Word

Don't take the images back out of the Office Product to get it into Photodraw. You can click on it while it's embedded and there are Contrast / Brightness buttons in the Picture toolbar.

Copying the image out of Word or PPT removes much of the data and hence the pixels become visible (hint - stretched graphics come out with more pixels than shrunken ones). You could work direct in the original scanned images if you have them. That won't degrade the graphics as much as pasting from Word. If you have squillions of graphics you want to do the same manipulation on you may find scripts or graphics viewers (eg ACDSee) where you can batch the process better than doing it one at a time.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia