3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Query Modified Date Constantly Changes (Access XP SP2 on Win XP)

HELP! It used to be that I could depend upon my query dates to figure out "where I am" -- now, it seems that everytime I "touch" a query, it immediately stamps it with a datetime stamp! I can't tell if something was edited, or something just looked at -- I am at my wit's end! it just seems to be happening recently. Any clues?
    thx
    Pat

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Modified Date Constantly Changes (Access XP SP2 on Win XP)

I have never seen this behavior, and can't find anything about it. Does this occur in all databases, or only in a specific one?

If it occurs in all databases, try Help | Detect and Repair...

If it occurs in a single database, first try Tools | Database Utilities | Compact and Repair Database. If that doesn't help, create a blank new database and import all database objects from the problem database into it. Set the startup options (if any) and non-standard VBA references if necessary.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query Modified Date Constantly Changes (Access XP SP2 on Win XP)

Thanks, Hans,
    Because I was in a hurry today w/ other things, I only tested one other database, and did not find the same issue -- and also just now opened the problem database, and didn't have the issue. Perhaps it was a day of flukiness, rather than a Access database of flukiness <gg>.
    However, the database that I had this issue with most definitely could be a "problem" database, in that it crashed and had to be repaired several times when trying to import some data.
    It was so incredibly frustrating, and -- very interesting in what might be behind it -- but it might be just a fluke by virtue of a rotten database.
    Thanks for responding to me. I'll keep my eyes peeled for similar instances inthe future, but I'll first decide that the database is corrupted and needs repaired, rather than anything more unusual.
    thx
    Pat