4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Templates? (2000)

Where do I find the business templates (for various types of business letters, office memos, etc.) I am running Word 2000; & can't seem to locate them.

(I would create my own...but also need insertion points.)

Thanks,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Templates? (2000)

The templates that come with Word are stored in C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeTemplates or one of its subfolders. If you can't find them there, they may not have been installed. You can run the setup for Microsoft Office again, specify that you want to customize the installation, and include the built-in templates.

You can also download lots of free templates from Microsoft Office Templates Home Page.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

One helpful hint when making templates is to insert the current date automatically by going to Insert/Field/Create Date. Format the date as you want it to appear. In this case Create Date refers to the date that the doc was created from the template and not the date that the template was created. This date will not change if the doc is opened next week.

Fred

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans & redbeard,

Found 'em. Thanks for the info.

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012