3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Converting from Word to PUB (Office 2003)

When I "Import" word into Publisher, sometimes it takes only the text and no graphics, and sometimes it doesn't take anything. I'm waiting for my support group to get some hints from Microsoft. Perhaps I can find it here faster!

Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Converting from Word to PUB (Office 2003)

Using Publisher 2003, this should work. There some caveats however. Have a look at <!mskb=282776>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 282776<!/mskb>. This might answer your questions. This search also gives some additional information.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I looked in the search link you provided and got a workable answer, thanks John! Here's the error explained by Microsoft. The images come out all bungled around, but at least they're there and I don't have to go back & forth doing a copy and paste.

SYMPTOMS
    In Microsoft Publisher, when you import a Microsoft Word document into a publication, the drawings or shapes that were in the Word document do not appear in the publication.
    CAUSE
    This problem can occur because Word exports all drawings and shapes as Word 95 drawing data when a document is saved as a .doc file type. Publisher is not designed to read Word 95 drawing data.
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, save the Word document as a Rich Text Format (.rtf) file type, and then import the document into Publisher.

Thanks

Great - glad it worked out. It would certainly be a PITA if you had to copy & paste.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions