Star Lounger
    Thanks

Continuous Forms (2000)

I have 4 fields on a continous form. as each one receives the focus I want to change the color to yellow the then back to white on lost focus. it works except for one small problem. it colors that field for every record and not just the one i'm an editing. is there a quick way around this that I am missing? As always...your help is appreciated.

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Continuous Forms (2000)

Although you may see many records in a continuous form, there is actually only one set of controls. If you set the background color of a control in code, it will affect that control in all displayed records.

One solution is to use Format | Conditional Formatting. One of the options is to set a different format if the control has the focus.

Another solution is to set the background color of the section to white, and the background color of the controls to yellow, and then set the back style of the controls to transparent. You MUST set the background color before setting the back style to transparent. The white background color of the section will show through in the controls, but the active control will show its own background color even though it has been set to be transparent.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I use a similar technique to what Hans suggested with the transparent backgrounds, except that instead of changing the detail section color, I place a control (can be a box or a label) behind all my data controls and set its background color to the "standard" color.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Thanks

Attached is a demo file which illustrates how you can achieve what you want. It also shows how you can 'highlight' a check box and a button on a continuous form.
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro