5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving VBA (Excel 2000)

I have downloaded a zipped file that has its own Personal.xls and a file of bitmap symbols in a folder. I guess the Personal.xls is where the custom toolbar for the symbol is located. But I have my own custom toolbar1 in my existing Personal xls. (I renamed the downloaded one persssonal.xls as a precaution.) The Perssonal.xls download has Modules1,2 and 3 which is the code to insert the symbol on the sheet. Two questions: I guess I cannot get the "new" modules renamed so I could just move them into my personal.xls. One has to copy and paste? 2. When I close Excel tonight, will my own Toolbar file get overwritten or have they been combined in some way? Its too bad one cannot open xlb files to see what is in them, to check. Thanks for any ideas!

Thanks

Re: Moving VBA (Excel 2000)

You can rename modules. click on the module and change its name in the "Properties" window (F4). You can export and import or copy/paste

Toolbars are stored in XLB file not the personal.xls.

Steve

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving VBA (Excel 2000)

You can just drag the modules to your own project, VBA will rename them by adding a 1 after the duplicate )copied' module AFter that you can do the renaming as suggested..
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association