Star Lounger
    Thanks

Automatic Refresh Setting for PivotTables (2000)

Hi,

I am using a web based application that a client of ours works with. The application has a reporting section which has a bunch of different reports created using Microsoft Office Web Components, which give you Pivot Tables. Each report, or Pivot Table, can be exported into Excel using OLAP cubes (?), which allow you to further manipulate and save the data.

It all works fine. However, it used to be that when exporting the data into Excel, I would be asked if I wanted to set automatic refresh for the Excel Pivot Table. Underneath was one of those check boxes asking if you did not want to be asked the question again, so your choice would become the default.

Well, I have accidently selected this box so I no longer get the choice of automatic refresh or not. My question is how to I get the choice back? There must be a setting somewhere but I cannot find it.

Many thanks, Laurie

Thanks

Re: Automatic Refresh Setting for PivotTables (2000)

Does it help if you:
    Tools - Options - Calculation (tab)
    check "Update remote references"

Steve

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Automatic Refresh Setting for PivotTables (2000)

I tried that, but I think that just determines whether remote references are retained for that particular file. What I want to be able to do is specify that the dialog box, asking whether I want the automatic refresh to work, is visible when I first export the PivotTable to Excel.