Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Open in Tabs (Firefox 1.0)

I've seen "Open in tabs" for a while, used it once in the wrong place/time. Ouch!

Last night I hit on a neat (to me) idea.

I created a folder "WOW" and placed it on my toolbar.

I opened five tabs, and in one went to my main screen for Wow. The other four to my common forums (VBA, Word, Lounge, Scuttlebut), and then bookmarked all five windows to the new WOW folder.

Now I fire up Firefox, right-click on the WOW folder and Open in Tabs, and all five screens are available to me.

From there it's a simple matter of seeing what, if anything, is newly-posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open in Tabs (Firefox 1.0)

Thanks, that is a useful tip. It is similar to one of the features in the Session Saver extension. It could be of use to those who prefer not to add lots of extensions.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

> ... features in the Session Saver extension ...

I take it that with Session Saver one would set up the five windows, and end/save the session that way?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Session Saver saves all open browser tabs in the event of a crash. It also lets you save and name sets of tabs, and recall them whenever you wish. In your example you could set up the 5 tabs and then save them under a name such as WOW. When you next select WOW from the Session Saver menu it will open up those 5 tabs.

One warning about Session Saver, the default settings will cause these tabs to replace any tabs you already had open, though you can change this behaviour in the preferences dialog to keep any existing tabs.
    Attached Images Attached Images