New Lounger
    Thanks

TextBox Question (VB6)

I have a program in which it is necessary to take a sentence contained in one TextBox and transfer it to another TextBox. That I can do with no problem. However, I also need to change the case of the first word of the sentence from Uppercase to Lowercase. I can change the case of the entire sentence, but have not figured out how to change the case of just the first word.

I have spent many hours on this and would greatly appreciate any guidance! Thank you!

Bob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TextBox Question (VB6)

Assuming that there is a space after the first word, you can use

Dim intPos As Integer
    intPos = Instr(TextBox1, " ")
    TextBox2 = LCase(Left(TextBox1, intPos - 1)) & Mid(TextBox1, intPos)

with the appropriate names substituted.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Hans!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Hans:

I apologize if I am breaching any Message Board Protocol by asking you a different question within this post. In fact it is a simplified version of a question answered by one of the other participants, but I cannot get his code to work. I am sure it is me not his Code. If it is not all ready obvious I am not a computer programmer. I am an attorney with limited experience in VB6. Even with my limited experience, I have noticed that you are by far the most knoweldgeable person on this site.

What I need to do first is merely insert textbox data found in Text1.Text from a VB6 form and insert it into cell C3 contained on Sheet1 of Book1 in Excel (found at C:Book1.xls). If I can do that, then I can build upon it. Any help you can give would be appreciated more than you can imagine. Thank you! Bob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This is not the appropriate thread. I will post a reply in the thread about populating an Excel cell.