New Lounger
    Thanks

ComboBox default value (2002)

Currently I have a combo box on a form the selects the terms for the order from a table of standard terms. The combo box works fine, but I want to set the default value to a field in the customers table called defaulterms. I have tried to enter the following SQL statement into the default value property, but it gives me the error: "The syntax of the subquery in this expression is incorrect.

SELECT [TBL-Customers].TermsDefault FROM [TBL-Customers] WHERE ((([TBL-Customers].CustomerID)=[Forms]![FRM-Orders]![CustomerID]));

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ComboBox default value (2002)

You can't set a default value with a reference to a textbox that isn't filled when you create the new record.
    And you certainly cant use a select statement as a default property.
    In the After update event of your CustomerID textbox use a Dlookup function to enter your termsdefault.
    <pre>Private Sub CustomerID_AfterUpdate()
    If Me.NewRecord = True Then
    Me.TermsDefault = DLookup("TermsDefault", "TBL-Custommer", "CustomerID = " & Me.CustomerID)
    End If
    End Sub</pre>

Replace Me.TermsDefault with Me. and the name of your textbox.
    If your CustomerID is a text field, use
    <pre>Me.TermsDefault = DLookup("TermsDefault", "TBL-Custommer", "CustomerID =' " & Me.CustomerID & "'")</pre>

Francois

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ComboBox default value (2002)

That will do exactly what I want. I should have figured that out, but my lack of experience hinders me to think of that type of solution. Once again, you have been a big help. Thanks.