Star Lounger
    Thanks

PowerPoint add-on to Home Office XP (?)

I'd like to add PowerPoint to my home PC without having to completely upgrade to Office XP. Can I do this? Do they sell it stand alone? I'm creating our monogram in PowerPoint but have to do it on my work PC and I can't download other font types here.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: PowerPoint add-on to Home Office XP (?)

You are not likely to find a stand-along version of PowerPoint 2002, but PowerPoint 2003 is available as a standalone version - see How To Buy PowerPoint 2003. You will need to have either WindowsXP or Windows 2000 on your home PC however.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PowerPoint add-on to Home Office XP (?)

If you own Office XP, you can qualify for an upgrade to PPT 2003, even if you own Office XP Small Business Edition (which didn't include PPT). This is a new thing. It used to be that you needed to own PPT somewhere down the line in order to qualify to use the Upgrade version of PPT. For specifics, hit the "upgrade eligibility" link on the page Wendell has given you a link to.

If your Office XP version came with your computer, though, it's an OEM version. That means it is really only legal to use on that particular system, and if you get a new computer you'll need to get a new version of Office to go with it. That might make your PPT Upgrade not as useful, so you may want to consider the full stand-alone version.