4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Envelope: Default Settings? (2000)

People,

In Word 2000...

In the Envelope & Label dialog, I keep changing the default Font & Font Size to my own preference (for envelopes); & it keeps resetting back to the old settings the next time I open the app.

What gives?

Also...how can I rid myself of the Office Assistant. I hide him (it...whatever) every time it pops up, but the next time I open a blank document & begin typing...here it comes again.

Thanks,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Thanks

Re: Envelope: Default Settings? (2000)

I use W2003 but I imagine it works the same in W2K. When you set the font, click the "Default" button and then click "OK" twice.

Office Assistant:
    If the Office Assistant is OPEN:
    1) right click the assistant icon
    2) click Options
    3) on the Options tab, clear the "Use Office Assistant" check box.
    If the Office Assistant is CLOSED:
    1) Click Help
    2) Click "Show Office Assistant"
    3) Follow steps 1 to 3 above.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Envelope: Default Settings? (2000)

John,

Thanks. The Office assistant fix...I should have found on my own (as I had already been to that dialog.) It was like...right in front of my face (sorry.)

In the Envelope dialog, I went back in to implement your method; & the font & font size was now set at my chosen preferrences! I have no idea how that happened...since the last time I was there it had jumped back to the progaram defaults. I'll see if it holds...if not, I'll try your method.

Thanks again,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012