2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Subreport Page Header (Access 2002)

Hi

I have a report which has 3 subreports in its detail section. All subreports have data in the detail section and two of them have labels in their page headers. The problem is the report does not display the labels in the page header of the two subreports. I'm obviously missing something here and a quick search of the forum did not reveal an answer.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
    WTH

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subreport Page Header (Access 2002)

Only the page header and footer section of the main report will be displayed/printed, not those of the subreports. The subreports don't control the paginating of the report as a whole, so they cannot display page headers and footers. The report header and footer of subreports does get displayed/printed.

MSKB article ACC2002: How to Repeat Subreport Header at the Top of a Page describes how to use the main report page header to simulate the subreport header. As noted there, working with more than one subreport complicates things considerably.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subreport Page Header (Access 2002)

Hi Hans

Thanks for the advice. I think the simple option is to place the labels in the report header of the subreport as at this stage there is no great need to have them repeated.

Regards
    WTH