Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Sub form layout (Acess 2000)

I have a subform layed out in datasheet view with fields going across in the order A, B, C, D.
    However, when I drag the subform onto a form and display the form, the fields appear in a different order, say C, D, A, B.
    What must I do to get the fields in the proper order when the subform is embedded in another form?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sub form layout (Acess 2000)

Did you try rearranging them in Form view then saving the form? I have had lots of grief trying to rearrange fields in subforms and I have had pretty reliable success using this method. It certainly is not very techincal, but it has worked for me in the past I have had a similar problem.

Carla

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I figured it out after fussing for a while. The key is to highlight the field by clicking in the column title area and then dragging the column to the position you want.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Chuck,

You've got it. Seems like there should be a better way, but I don't know what it would be. I have tried rearranging fields in design view and all sorts of things, and this is the only way I have been successful.

Carla

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This is one of the reasons why I avoid datasheet forms/subforms. Instead, I use continuous forms that look like datasheets. You can control in design view what they will look like in form view. With a datasheet, that is not psosible, as you and Chuck have found out.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

A continuous form is a much better solution. I can't say I have ever tried this in the alternative to a subform, but I gave it a try this afternoon and it is so much easier to work with. I have done the same thing as Chuck fussing around until I could get it to do what I wanted. This is going to be so much better.

Carla