Thread: $ sign in cell

New Lounger
    Thanks

$ sign in cell

I cannot get the $ sign to stay with the amount. The $ stays on the left and the amount on the right.This happens even if I center in the cell. Help[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: $ sign in cell

Hi,

How are you entering the $ sign? Typing it in, or by formatting a numeric cell?
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

BobG

Select the "Currency" format and it should work. At least it does in mine. You can always edit the format using the "Custom" format and remove any spaces or asterisks between the dollar sign and the "#" in the format. Be sure to do all the variations on the line if you do this method.

Thanks

If DMERRIX formatted using the currency button on the toolbar, this is the reason for the separate alignment of the $ and numbers. The currency button applies the <font color=red>Accounting</font color=red> format.
    The earlier suggestion is totally correct. If you format via the Format Cells dialog box and choose <font color=red>Currency</font color=red> format, you'll get the look you want.
    If I was queen in Excelland *sigh* that button would look different!
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info,used "Format Cell" and it worked.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]