Cross-posted and with a reply <!post=in this thread,444416>in this thread<!/post>. I'm going to lock this thread. To avoide duplicate and diverging threads, further answers there please. See <!rule=14>Rule 14<!/rule>.

(This already posted in hardware, but i thought it might be viewed more in here)

I previously had a logitec wireless mouse, the issue i had with that was that the batteries always died and it was fairly obnoxious to change every few weeks, another problem i had was that when the mouse was not in use, just sitting on my screen it would randomly start agitating, shaking, and moving down the screen. This confused me and annoyed me because if i was trying to draw a straight line in pain shop pro for example it would all of a sudden skip to the other end of the page and obviously ruining my line! i recently got a new mouse, a logitec wired mouse and the problem persists. random shaking, skipping around the screen, and moving down/across the screen, is there a cause, reason, solution to my inconveniance? thanks