New Lounger
    Thanks

2 Screens, same workbook ??? (excel 2003)

This is not a problem. I just don't understand what is happening and thought someone could explain it to me.

I have a fairly complex spreadsheet with multiple tabs that references two other spreadsheets. It has hyperlinks on the main sheet to other sheets in the same workbook. It also has a VBA macro that deletes the current line and the sheet which is referenced by the hyperlink in that line.

When I open the workbook, I get two entries for the spreadsheet: List.xls:1 List.xls:2. What is this? I've never seen this before nor heard about it. Anything I do to one of the workbooks happens to the other. Both are closed when I close one. So it appears this is the same workbook, just with two screens.

I hope that's clear. Thanks in advance.

Tom Kadlec

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 Screens, same workbook ??? (excel 2003)

Some how a copy of the workbook was opened.
    If you open any workbook and go to the WINDOW | NEW WINDOW option, the workbook is duplicated and a : suffix is added to indicate how many copies are open.

If you did not do this, it might be a macro that created a copy. Check the VBA code!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 Screens, same workbook ??? (excel 2003)

You probably selected the menu item Window | New Window by accident. This opens a second window on the active workbook. Simply close one of the windows and save the other. Next time, you'll only have one window.