5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ignoring Data (2003)

I have a table with Months (Jan -Dec) and log No's on it, among other things. I want to print a report that will show me all Jan where the log No is blank. The month is a yes/no field (I tick whether I want to do an audit in January or other month), and the log No is text field. I used the critera in the query where Month = True and Log No =" ". I know there are 12 ticked for January, and 6 have log numbers, so the report should give me the other 6. I only get 2. If I remove the " ", from the log number field, all 12 show up. What am I doing wrong?

Rob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ignoring Data (2003)

A value " " is not a really blank value. Try Is Null as criteria. If that doesn't work, try " " Or Is Null

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. The second option worked. When I tried the first option, the two I got the first time, were omitted. Strange!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Apparently, you've got both null (really empty) values and " ". Both look like blanks, but they are not the same.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Could it be that access is seeing a space? as in the space between here: ->| |<- ? If so, there has been *something* entered in that cell, just not a visible value.
    "If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be hacked. What&#39;s more, you deserve to be hacked." -Richard Clarke