5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report sum (2000)

I have a report that has a field called Client Type. In this field the data is either Assoc or Client. I would like to total the "number of members" field according to the client type field. I only want to total the ones that have a client type of "Assoc". I have a total for the entire "number of members" field but I need a total number of members for the Assoc client type. How can I do this in the report footer? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report sum (2000)

You could use the DSum function. Set the control source of the textbox to :
    <pre>=Dsum("Number Of Member Field","YourTableName","[Client Type] = 'Assoc'")</pre>

Francois

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It gives me an error. Maybe I am not entering it right. Should I enter it exactly the way you have it or should I omit quotes. I am entering it like this:
    =Dsum("Client Members","LRqry_AssocGroups_07_11_Spec_Accts","[ClType] = 'Assoc'")
    The report has a query behind it so I substituted the query for where you indicated "YourTableName".

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try DCount instead of DSum:

<code>=DCount("Client Members","LRqry_AssocGroups_07_11_Spec_Accts","[ClType] = 'Assoc'")</code>

DSum adds values together, DCount counts the number of records that meet the criteria.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

It was not clear for me if it was the sum of a numeric field (client members) or a count of the records.
    Francois