Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Appointment Time Problem (2003)

I have experienced a sudden change in the way the Outlook calendar appointment times work. When I click on the down-arrow in the start or stop time the drop down menu with the times appears, BUT when I let go of the mouse button the drop-down window disappears! It didn't used to do this. It used to stay there until I selected a time. Any ideas as to what in the world causes this and how to fix it?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Appointment Time Problem (2003)

Presumably you've already tried running Help|Detect and Repair - as well as scanpst.exe? HTH
    Gre

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I ran the help repair routine, but that didn't help. Actually, I think it is an XP problem as the same thing happens when pulling up a pick-the-date calendar in Quicken. The funny thing is that the problem seems to come and go. I have no idea what triggers it one way or another. Some days its OK, others not.

Thank for your suggestions.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Did you get this resolved? Was there anything of help in <!post=this thread,271853>this thread<!/post>?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Actually I still have the problem. I'm running Outlook 2003 SP1. After clicking on the down-arrow in the appointment time box, the drop-down list appears. If I continue to hold the left button down and move into the drop-down box it stays there, but when I let go of the mouse button it disappears. Also, if I first click on the down-arrow, then release the mouse button and then attempt to move the mouse pointer into the drop-down box area it disappears! Very strange problem here. I have to manually type in the appointment times.

The thread you suggested seems to address the same problem, but primarily with older versions of Outlook and I didn't see any definitive solutions. It seems that this is a generic problem with Outlook. No one seems to have an answer.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, there doesn't seem to be an answer, I Googled and looked through Slipstick and didn't find anything. Did you try restarting Outlook with the /cleanviews switch, as in the link in unkamunka's <post#=273766>post 273766</post#>?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS

Thanks

Chuck,
    Could this possibly be a hardare (i.e. mouse) problem? Or, if you have software attached to the mouse (such as MS Intellipoint), might that be the problem? It might be worth substituting the mouse or uninstalling any mouse software and see what happens.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions