Ribs

Different footers for each page

Hi,

Does anyone know how to insert a different footer on every page of a word document. It seems that we can only specify a different first page, or diferent odd and even pages.

I would need to set the footers of each page with different footers.

Thanks...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Different footers for each page

This isn't intended to sound rude... but I can't think of a "nice" way to say it. If the info is different on each and every page, then it isn't "really" a footer, is it? We may still be able to come up with a solution (either with or without footers), but I need a bit more info.

Is it safe to presume you have used something to force the page breaks where you want them?
    Karen

Ribs

That didn't sound rude... Your right it is not intended to be a footer after I'll be done with it.

What I'm trying to do (programmaticaly) is the emulate footnotes, but the footnotes in Word are too buggy for me to use properly. So I'm looking into using footers to do the job, because the footers area works the way I need it to (almost ;o)).

I tried to use section breaks but I think that I might be doing something wrong, because I still get the same footer on each page.

Thanks again,
    P.S. You can be as rude as you like... I don't mind. ;o)

Thanks

Well if you use section breaks, you don't have to have the same footer on each page. Once you have put in your section break, use View -> Headers and Footers, and look at the footer. Does it say 'Same as previous'on the right? If so there is a button on the headers and footers toolbar which toggles off the same as previous property. Then you can have a different footer for each section if you want.

Ian