2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Contact Country Information

I'm noticing that the contact address does not appear in the Address field of the open contact record if a country is not selected (or if "usa" is entered instead of "united states of america"). We just converted to Oulook 2000 (from cc:Mail), so this is a very pertinent issue for us right now.

So I guess my question is: Am I missing something, or will the address field really not populate unless the country is selected from Outlook's predefined list of countries?

Thanks for all help.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contact Country Information

i'm not really sure where you are seeing the problem, in contacts, in merges etc, but hopefully this will give you some clues.

i don't think the country affects it, but i know upgrading from outlook 98 to 2000 changed some fields and could cause the behavior you see. that doesn't seem to be your case.

what address is checked as the mailing address? were the addresses imported to fields that are not enabled as mailing address?

export the contacts to excel and compare the fields of the contacts that are correct with the ones of the bad ones and see if it's a field issue. This is how i discovered the problem with fields between ol98 and 2000.

also, if you change the address, outlook sometimes has a problem refreshing the mailing address field. i uncheck the mailing addy box, save the contact then check the box and resave to correct it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contact Country Information

I'm seeing the problem in the contact record. The address field is empty. But when I click the Address button, the address is there; all the fields are completed appropriately. EXCEPT the Country field; but when I select "United States of America" from the country dropdown list, the address does appear in the Address field of the contact record.

In one case, the Business address is checked as the mailing address; but, as I've said, nothing appears in the address field (until the country is selected). The address has not been changed; they have been imported from Lotus Organizer.