BentOldMan

Import table problem

I recently re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed everything at work. I am using Win98SE and Office97 SR-1. In Access, I am not able to import an Excel file, because the only installed file types are Access and ODBC databases. I have gone back to the O97 Install and it says that everything in the Data Access is already installed.
    I have installed O97 on many computers and have never run into this problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Fred

jetbroker

Re: Import table problem

Fred,
    It is funny you should have the same problem on the same day I decided to start researching this issue. I realized about 2 months ago that I could not import or link Excel files in Access. I have MS Office Pro 97 with the valuepack, so I have some of the optional drivers but not the basic ones. I attempted to add the Excel driver, but it show up as gray (not all components will be installed) and will not allow me to select "all" to fully install it. I am stumped so hopefully some one out there has an answer or at least a suggestion...I am at wits end.
    Dave

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Somehow I posted my response to you in the wrong thread. Here is a link to that post which has a link to an MSKB article which should solve both your problems.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=acc&Number=41148&page=0&vie w=expanded&sb=5#Post41148>http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.p...&sb=5#Post41148</A>

BentOldMan

Thank you, Paul. This worked like a charm!