Lounger
    Thanks

locked forms in autotext (2002/sp-2)

I'm trying to create a template which is basically blank with the user then using the auto text menu to populate the document with one of five forms. The problems I am encountering are:
    1. the auto text drops down leaving the cursor at the bottom of the document where I want the cursor at the top, and
    2. the individual forms cannot be saved as locked auto text.
    I tried writing a macro that would take drop the auto text, take the cursor back to the top of the document and then lock the form, but all I managed to achieve was a new error message from me not to understand.
    Any help much appreciated.

Chris Quigley

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: locked forms in autotext (2002/sp-2)

Recording these steps as a macro gives you an insight into how to do this. If you only have 5 different forms then I would recast the macro into five different flavours (only ATname changes in each) and put a button for each on a toolbar.

<pre>NormalTemplate.AutoTextEntries("ATname").Inse rt Where:=Selection.Range, RichText:=True
    Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
    ActiveDocument.Protect Password:="", NoReset:=False, Type:=wdAllowOnlyFormFields</pre>

You can make the macros a lot more complicated but for the sake of five forms you might as well stick with the simple approach.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: locked forms in autotext (2002/sp-2)

Andrew, thanks - it works a treat.