2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printing Checkboxes in Reports (Access 2000-SP3)

Hi.

I have a report with a check-box field (yes/no). I would like to email the report to my boss. When I try to send directly from the report or try to export the report to Word, the check-boxes don't show up (in either rtf or doc formats). I tried all the other options, including snp format - which shows the check-box but cuts off the header for each section. Any suggestions as how to get the report email-able with all fields showing and intact?

Thanks,
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Printing Checkboxes in Reports (Access 2000-SP3)

You can create a snapshot or a pdf file and keep the checkboxes intact. Otherwise, it won't work. Publishing to Word loses some of the graphic elements, including checkboxes. To create a pdf file, you need additional software, but you can create a snapshot from within Access. The person on the receiving end will need the snapshot viewer (downloadable, free) to open the snapshot for viewing.
    Charlotte

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

All graphics are lost if you e-mail or export a report in Word (RTF) format. You could use a text box with a Yes/No format, or a custom format such as <code>;X</code>.

I'm surprised that snapshot format doesn't work for you; in my experience, it does a pretty good job of displaying a report the same way it is displayed in Access itself.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans and Charlotte.

I printed the report to PDF and it works great.

I don't know what went on with the snap viewer, but it cuts off the header for each section of the report after the second letter. Beats me. But PDFing it did the trick.

Thanks again,

Joe