Star Lounger
    Thanks

Popup calendar error (VB6.3)

Pardon my terminology as I'm new to Visual Basic.

I am having trouble with a pop-up calendar that I created in an Excel 2003 worksheet . I linked the macro to the worksheet itself rather than to my personal.xls because the Excel document is to be used as a template for multiple users, each of whom will need the pop-up calendar feature.

I saved the spreadsheet on our network as a workgroup template (both as a .xls and a .xlt ,in case it matters, but my problem persists in both).

I then opened the file on each of the user's computer in turn. On some computers, the pop-up calendar runs fine, so on those machines, I created a shortcut to the calendar on the Excel Standand toolbar. (As an added benefit, the pop-up calendar feature now is available to those users on any other Excel spreadsheets they open.)

However, on a number of machines, I am getting a run-time error and the error is the same on each:
    Run-time error "_2147319765 (8002802B)'
    Method "Value" of object
    '_DMscal70' failed

Debugging highlights the line of code: frmCalendar.Show
    in the Module 1 Screen under:
    General Open Calendar
    Sub OpenCalendar ()
    frmCalendar.Show
    End Sub

I don't know what this means or how to fix the problem. I'd really appreciiate any guidance you would offer.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Popup calendar error (VB6.3)

Do you have a calendar control on the form frmCalendar? The calendar control comes with Microsoft Access; it is not part of the standard version of Microsoft Office. So if you install the workbook on a PC without Microsoft Access, you have a problem.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Popup calendar error (VB6.3)

Thanks Hans, that must be it. I'll install MSAccess on those machines that don't have it (we are all licenced to have Access but some thought to save space by not installing it) and write back if I still have a problem.